About Our Partner:
Headquartered in the Financial District of Vancouver, BC, we are a distributed company that has
a workforce policy of flexplace and flextime. You can expect a challenging and rewarding
environment where you will handle a lot of work but with the flexibility to thrive.
As an Infrastructure Software Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in integrating our trading
systems, and those from third party researchers to multiple exchanges. Your work will
encompass the entire lifecycle of our trading infrastructure, from design to implementation and
● Create high-performance trading infrastructure, including order management, market
data handling, risk management, and more.
● Understand and interact with various exchange APIs and data feeds.
● Optimize and fine-tune trading algorithms to ensure low latency and high throughput.
● Implement strategies for hosting and scaling our systems, with a focus on generality to
accommodate different scenarios.
● Design, maintain, and develop data collection services essential to all quantitative
strategies. Manage both external data, including market trading data, sentiment data,
macroeconomic data, and internal real-time trading data. Design secure and
user-friendly communication methods (REST API / GraphQL) to pass data to other
microservices and researchers.
● Work closely with exchanges and researchers to conduct thorough testing, ensuring
system reliability, stability, and accuracy.
● Actively participate in risk management, understanding that design requirements are
paramount in this field.
● Utilize mainstream languages and tools such as Python, Node.js, Java, C#, WebSocket,
AWS Lambda and Kinesis. Leverage SaaS and Infrastructure as Code (e.g., TerraForm).
● Manage data, including database integration, services, and query services using
TypeScript, Node.js, and Python.
● Keep abreast of the latest technologies and best practices in the financial industry, with a
We are seeking candidates capable of working full-time who are also Canadian residents.
Candidates must have a minimum of three years’ experience in an Infrastructure Software
Engineering role, with a focus on FinTech. In particular, candidates should demonstrate
proficiency with real-time data processing technologies, including but not limited to WebSocket,
AWS Lambda, and Kinesis.
● Experience with REST API; GraphQL experience is a bonus.
● Understanding and practical experience with high availability and scalability.
● Detail-oriented and reliable, taking pride in your work and software craftsmanship.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not
discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.