Bold Metrics is an AI-based platform that’s transforming the apparel industry. Our platform helps retailers and brands reduce returns, improve sustainability, and optimize their supply chain. With machine learning and AI at our core, we’re able to predict body measurements with incredible accuracy. This enables brands and retailers to gain a better understanding of their customers’ buying habits, the fit and sizing of their products, and make optimizations in a completely new way. Our focus on data-driven insights is helping some of the world’s most well-known brands and retailers leverage AI to make an impact across their entire organization.
We are currently searching for a Data Engineer who wants to both dive deep into the data as well as get high-level and really think about what insights are meaningful to our clients. While working with a collaborative and energized team you will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest apparel brands and retailers in the world, come up with new ideas and execute them to make a real impact. This is a full-time remote position.
You are a humble, passionate, and experienced data engineer that is excited to write code but also comfortable working with sales, accounts, and other engineers. You have a positive outlook and are interested in working in a highly collaborative work environment. If you have a natural curiosity for data and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and digging through messy data to find interesting insights, this might be your jam.
About the role:
As a Data Engineer at Bold Metrics, you will build and maintain data pipelines, and help us scale our data systems and run client reports. You’ll manage core database systems, evaluate A/B tests, establish industry benchmarks, and uncover trends from shoppers around the world. You’ll need to bring new ideas and see the big picture, communicate with the team, and ensure projects are delivered on time. Your work will have a real impact on the industry and be seen by leaders at some of the top apparel brands and retailers in the world. You’ll also develop and maintain metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, and more, and translate data-related questions into persuasive analyses for business partners. You’ll create compelling narratives and refine processes for data collection and analysis, among other responsibilities.
How you will make an impact:
- You’ll directly impact client relations with full understanding of how were able to impact their business
- You’ll work alongside our customer success team to help understand our clients needs and help the answer and explore their data
- You’ll spearhead initiatives to generate key insights and help create analysis the entire apparel industry will adopt
Skills and Qualifications: (even if you do not 100% meet these skills, we still welcome you to apply)
- 2+ years experience as a Data Engineer in a professional setting
- Comfortable with SQL & Python
- Able to identify trends and patterns in data
- You can clearly communicate acceptance criteria and work well with a data team
- You love understanding the nuances of data and are excited to take command of client analysis and data
- Comfortable using a VPN, a database GUI and Jupyter
- Experience working on an eCommerce and/or retail site a plus
- B.A. or B.S. degree required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits, paid premium (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible Paid time off and paid holidays
- Equity opportunities
- Ongoing paid training and growth opportunities
Bold Metrics, founded in 2017, is a SaaS solution for retailers and brands to reduce returns, improve sustainability and supercharge their supply chain from the ground up. Using a comprehensive set of machine learning and A.I technologies to accurately predict customer body measurements, we help apparel brands unlock the power of body data to meet the demands of today’s increasingly personalized world.
Learn more about us at boldmetrics.com
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.