Commit is a VC-backed professional network built for engineers by engineers. Commit is the invite-only network where software developers connect with hiring managers and experts at the world’s fastest-growing startups.
About the Role:
As a Data Scientist at Commit, you will play a key role in analyzing large datasets, developing predictive models, and information retrieval that will directly impact our business strategy. You will work closely with our Engineering team and convey complex topics to non-technical team mates and audiences. This position will be either an open-ended contract or full-time employment.
● 3+ years of experience
● BS or MS in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or other related field
● Experience with applied Machine Learning in information retrieval
● Proficiency with Python, SQL, data modeling and statistical analysis
● Experience with Keras, TensorFlow, and TensorFlow-recommenders
● Experience with retrieval, ranking, and recommendation systems
● Experience with feature engineering and selection
● Experience deploying a model to production
● Experience with Google Cloud & Vertex AI
Nice to Haves:
● Experience with operational tools and business systems such as Amplitude, Google Analytics, MixPanel, etc
● Experience with development and deployment of models in a cloud-based environment such as AWS or GCP
● $90-$120K CAD
If full-time, the candidate must be in Canada as a permanent resident or citizen, in the PST or EST time zones. If contractor, the candidate can be located anywhere, but must be able to operate in EST or PST hours.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. We are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you require accommodations during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can best support you.