Commit is a VC-backed professional network built for engineers by engineers. We are currently hiring Senior Back-End Developers looking to join some of North America’s most innovative startups as one of their first engineers.
We exclusively work with financially stable startups with great salaries and exciting tech stacks who prioritize engineers’ growth and have exceptional team culture. We provide the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and continue cultivating your craft.
- No technical interviews!
- Work with over 75 pre-vetted impactful startups in North America
- Gain access to transparent salary bands AND mentorship to grow your career
- Collaborate with like-minded tech junkies
- Build new tools with Node, Golang, Ruby and much more!
Our Hiring Process
- Apply to be a Senior Back-End Developer
- Go through a short 3-step interview process with Commit. Learn more.
- If you’re accepted into the program, you’ll be paid a full salary while we work together to match you to an aligned startup.
- Once matched, you pilot a startup for 3 months. If you love it, you stay with them; if not, we’ll work together to find a better match.
What You’ll Get
- Full-time paid employment as an Engineering Partner
- Base salary of $115K to $140K CAD depending on experience
- Extended health and dental plan for you and your family
- The right equipment to do your best work
- Access to your own career coach and a mentor for your job search
- We provide 15 vacation days on top of statutory holidays while you’re part of the Engineering Partner program. There is no limit on Sick Days or Personal Days
- Invitation-only events with technical leaders
- We’ve been lucky to have guests like Katie Wilde (VP Engineering @ Buffer), Armon Dadgar (CTO @ Hashicorp), Gokul Rajaram (board member at DoorDash, Coinbase, Pinterest and The Trade Desk) and many others join us for private learning sessions.
We are a fully distributed, remote-first community launched in Vancouver. We raised $6M from Accomplice, Inovia Capital, Kensington Capital Partners and Garage Capital.
Who You Are
- Eligible to work in Canada
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience working on SaaS, marketplace, consumer or infrastructure
- Entrepreneurial mindset and growth-oriented attitude
- Ambitions of excellence in your craft. Some of our past EPs have grown into CTOs, principal engineers, and joined companies as the first engineer
Our Tech Stack
- One/some of: Node.js, Go/Golang, Python/Django/Flask, Ruby/Rails, Java/Scala, Rust
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of Basic DevOps: MongoDB, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes/Terraform, CI/CD
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Understanding of cloud-native distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with relational databases, NoSQL databases, cloud infrastructure, product design
We believe that language is a tool. It’s more important that you have experience with one or more modern coding languages than that you have experience with any particular language itself.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. We are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
If you require accommodations during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can best support you.
So what are you waiting for? Join Commit, unlock the next phase of your career.